LanSchool Installation Instructions
For Windows Laptops (See bottom of page for Macintosh instructions):
1. Download the "Student.zip" file located here and save it to your laptop. Save it to your desktop for quick access when you wish to install and uninstall LanSchool.
2. Upon unzipping the file, you will find the "Student.msi" package for installation of LanSchool. Double-click it.
3. Click "Next" and accept the terms in the license agreement.
4. Click Next. After "Teacher Channel: (1-16000)" type the proper channel your professor has assigned to this class in the box (e.g. 191). Check the box for "Check to configure advanced options". Click Next.
5. Under "Advanced Settings", check the box for "Student Can Change Channels". Click Next.
6. Check the box for "Connect Student to Connection Server" and type in the Connection Server Address, which is 184.108.40.206. Click next.
6. Click next through the following screen, during which you will make no changes.
6. Choose whether or not to send error reports to Stoneware. Click Next.
7. Click "Install".
8. Wait for the installation to complete. Then click "Finish".
TO UNINSTALL LANSCHOOL, DOUBLE-CLICK ON THE SAME "STUDENT.MSI" FILE AND YOU WILL BE GUIDED THROUGH A COMPLETE UNINSTALL OF LANSCHOOL. LANSCHOOL CANNOT BE UNINSTALLED FROM "PROGRAMS" IN THE CONTROL PANEL. IT MUST BE UNINSTALLED THROUGH THE .MSI FILE YOU USED FOR YOUR INITIAL INSTALLATION.
For Macintosh Laptops:
1. Download the "Lanschool_student.zip" file located here . Save it to your desktop for quick access when you wish to install and uninstall LanSchool.
2. Unzip the file and install LanSchool following instructions similar to the Windows installation instructions located above.